Thursday, May 8, 2008

WE HAVE A BABY!!!!

James and I are so happy to announce we have a baby!!! God, in His Divine wisdom, has given us a baby girl. I am typing this from the La Quinta in Pearland, TX where I have to wait until the ICPC clears. James went back home last night, but we are having some paperwork issues, so we may be looking for a way for him to bring our big girls and himself back to me here in Texas. Yes, I know, we were asking for a boy. When the agency called on Monday and asked us if we would be willing to take a baby girl in Texas, all of a sudden the sex of our little gift no longer mattered. I have to say, she's adorable. What's happening now is that we wait for the ICPC to clear and then after that it takes 6 months to have finalization in Utah. We have decided to call her Esther Marley Nelson. I started out wanting to call her Penelope and then all of a sudden James looked at me, as we were driving over to meet her, and said what about Esther? I said isn't that a grandma type name? He said think about it. When I think of Esther, I think of Queen Esther from the bible and how she stood up for her people to her husband, the king. What strikes me is not only how she is described as beautiful, but I get the feeling she was thoughtful and had a quiet confidence. The words quiet confidence is what I felt from this little beauty as soon as I met her....she's an Esther. God has great plans for her and He has entrusted us to nurture and love her. It's funny, last week my sister, in my frustration said we will just pray that God will show you He loves you. I am here to say, I am loved. It's time to warm the next bottle so I have to run. Please pray that the paperwork clears quickly and that there are no hang ups. Also pray for the birth mom that her soul is comforted and she knows deep down that the gift she gave is being loved and cherished. Now we wait to get out of Texas....will write more soon!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!!! Praise the Lord!! Sooooooooooooo excited for you guys! Sandy sent me a picture - she's beautiful!! Praying that things wrap up quickly so you can take her home. Hope you are enjoying every minute with her!! Can't wait to hear more!

Lots of love,
Kate

Anonymous said...

I am dying of happiness for you! I think it really sounds like this was God's plan for you! That is awesome that you were open to His Plan! Give her kisses for me! Can't wait to meet her!

Love, Cassie

Unknown said...

How wonderful!!! How exciting!!! How blessed you and your family are and always have been!

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com