Monday, May 12, 2008

Rough Night

The honeymoon is officially over, at least for a little while. Esther slept so awesome for the social workers and the first couple nights for me, but these last couple nights, last night especially, you would of thought she drank a Red Bull for dinner. This quiet little cutie apparently thinks she needs to expand her lung capacity and therefore showed me what she could do from 9:30 to midnight. I gotta get a new copy of Babywise and figure out how to get her to stay asleep. She'll eat, wake, sleep (for 30 minutes)....it's keeping her sleeping that's puzzling. She jumps at every noise and in a hotel with no sound proofing it's getting tough. In fact, housekeeping woke her up this afternoon when they wanted to change the duvet covers???? I was a little bitter, but compliant, and it was my bad since in my sleep deprived haze I forgot to put the Do Not Disturb sign up. I guess all the noise is good practice for when we get home.
I am tryinig to rest when she does and my cell phone is dead, so if anyone's trying to get me, I hope to make call backs tomorrow. No word on any exit plan.....keep praying. I did contact the attorney today and we are putting them on retainer so they can start the finalization process. Our finalization anniversersary is November 6th, which means they can set the court date to complete it any time after that date. I'll update more if I hear anything. We can't wait to come home, although I heard it's rainyish there and we're enjoying the heat of Houston as we wait....

3 comments:

Kate Borders said...

Praying that you both get some good sleep soon!!

Enjoy the heat :)

Talk to you soon - love,
Kate

Anonymous said...

Susan,

Sorry that you had a rough night. I am praying that you will get home soon (and that you will keep your sanity while you are waiting!) And... by the time you get back it should be warmer. It will be in the 80's this weekend! Bring it on, I say!

Hugs to both of you! Hope this evening is better!

Cassie

Anonymous said...

Hang in there girl! You are doing really great for being so far from home, away from your family, and with a new baby to boot. I am praying that you get home soon and safely.

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com