Tuesday, February 12, 2008

The Home Study

Well, we made it through. After 2 and a half hours of question, answer, and touring our home, we made it. Thank you to all of you who prayed for us yesterday-I felt eerily peaceful as soon as the social worker walked in the door. With that said, she did her job well. She represents both the birthmoms as well as families and she's amazingly balanced in her viewpoints. It was a good experience for both James and I. The kids did great! They answered all her questions openly and honestly and there were giggles galore when she asked them who they knew that had brown skin. They don't really see color yet, so it was hard for them to answer that one! All in all a positive experience for all and I did nothing but do the work. I had no control over the social worker who came to interview us, no control over what my kids and husband would say. It was like living on the edge, surreal, doing it without doing much of anything. If that's what being held up by God feels like, I want more. I have a feeling I'm getting more. Now we wait. The background checks take a minimum of 6 weeks and the study can't be finished without those. Here's a conundrum though. This program could have a match for us VERY soon. While the program that we have pre-approved funding on has to have the home study before they'll even accept us into their program. So, I'm hoping that it will be made clear whether we wait or move quickly and that it's in HIS timing, not ours.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that it all went well and that everyone "behaved" themselves.... I am looking forward to hearing all about it tomorrow. Love you friend!! Traci

StaciSpeaks said...

Oh, yay! My life has been a roller coaster this past week and this has been the first time I've had time to my normal rounds to all the blogs I try to keep up on, so I'm feeling very grateful that you had an update here. I was praying for you guys last week as you went into this, so I'm also feeling very relieved that you had peace and calmness during the whole thing. I will pray for further insight for you and for James and for a bright light to shine on His path for your family! Love, love, love.... Staci

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com