Friday, January 25, 2008

Approval

I got an email last night saying our initial application has been approved for the Haiti program and they asked me to fill out another official application for the orphanage. If you would like to see more information on this orphanage, please go to: http://www.chances4children.org/cfc/adopt.

Meanwhile, I had a conversation with a friend of mine, who I'm trying to pump for as much info as possible to avoid re-inventing the wheel, and she said the place that will most likely be doing our homestudy, has several african males waiting here domestically that would be placed in the next 2 months. Two months? Do we dare? I have no more cribs, baby clothes, etc. She said then we'll have to have a shower. Aarrgghh! She seems to have multiple answers:) We don't have the money? I don't know what to do on that except pray and do more research. So, I've emailed and left a message for the social worker there and we'll see what happens. We have many fears of domestic adoption, many unfounded (like the birthparents hunting us down and killing us in our sleep one), but am open to God's leading. Please pray, pray, pray. I feel like I'm a character on the back of a cereal box and instead of Where's Waldo, we're playing Where's Baby.

2 comments:

StaciSpeaks said...

Don't fret about the small stuff...imagine you could be holding God's gift to your family in the next two months!! It's a little bit scary, I'll grant you, but what walk of faith isn't?!

Did she give you any idea of the age of the child they might have for you? Depending on the age, I very well may have a PLETHERA of boy baby clothes for you. The only size I know I don't have is newborn sizes. We're still using both of our cribs, but if it takes longer than they anticipate, we may even be done with a crib by the time you have a child. So don't fret...pray, pray, pray...and smile...what a huge gift!!! :O)

Susan Nelson said...

Staci-
Your generosity is humbling. You're right-small stuff. Thanks for reminding me!

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com