Thursday, January 24, 2008

The Application

Hi all! Thanks for coming on over. I'll still be blogging the craziness of life in Something Unexpected, but want to have you join us for the journey of whatever God has for us in this insane world of adoption. Two nights ago I filled out our first application with Faithful Adoptions for their program in Haiti. To be honest, I went with them first because they were the only ones with a free application and I know their hearts are Christ-centered even though the intake person is definitely not like me. That's ok though. So, now we wait. Wait for approval from the orphanage to see if they will even accept us. I have asked a couple of you to do written references for us for our homestudy and we'll need a couple more to volunteer to do so. I don't know the requirements as of yet, since the agency wants me to wait to pick the place of the homestudy until she knows what program we will be accepted into. It's crazy. I was in the shower this morning praying about this blog and being vulnerable in this and I just don't want to fail. So, I need you to join me in asking for peace about this decision and also start praying for our son. I feel like he's here and waiting. Pray that he's kept safe, that he's healthy, and that he will transition easily into our home. Pray that whatever finances are needed to bring him home do not hinder us. God is bigger than money.
Also, this particular agency has a Zambia program, which is another reason why I originally contacted them. That program is in limbo, with the Zambian government holding up the process, wary of continuing adoptions currently in progress. Please pray that their hearts will be changed and that if our son is in that country versus Haiti that that will be made known to us as well. Thank you for joining us. I've never stepped out of my comfort zone like this, be gentle.

2 comments:

StaciSpeaks said...

Friends,

I am honored to have you share your newest information with us! God will bring the child into your lives that is meant to be there. Wherever he was born, he will have been meant to be a part of your family. I believe that with all of my heart. And for you to have to appeal to people to "be gentle" just hurts my heart for you. Anyone who loves you should embrace this time in your life and lift you up to God, inviting his blessings on your family. Anyone who questions your decision - especially given that you've explained the prayer and thoughtfulness you and James have obviously already invested, in my belief, is not truly loving you like they should.

We'll be praying for you as you continue this process -- keep us updated!

{{{hugs!}}},
Staci

Susan Nelson said...

Thank you for joining us on this journey. Your prayers mean so much and I'm truly excited to see how this plays out. I am not sure if my gentle comment was to God or to those reading who may not understand, but either way I need to know that God's grace transcends all and this is really not about me. I just need to step out, do the work, and move out of His way. Thank you for your friendship and your willingness to partner with us in prayer!

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com